COME AND VISIT ME AT PINKFLUFFYWARRIOR.COM

Friday 7 January 2011

Long time no see!!

Hello!!!!!
It's so good to be back.
I've been poorly with the dreaded flu all over Christmas and new year. I now have a secondary chest infection at the bottom of my left lung. : (
I don't mean to moan, but it's the first time I've ever had flu. I always thought it was like a really super nasty cold, boy was I wrong!
Thankfully we spent Christmas in Cornwall with P's family. No way would I have been capable of cooking Christmas dinner! I only had enough energy to eat 2 roast potatoes, before I had to go and lay down again!
I haven't ever been knocked sideways by an illness like that before. 3 weeks so far. (poo!!)
Since I'm feeling a bit better time to move onto nicer things.
I have some pretty flowers to cheer myself up!

They certainly work. Lovely cheerfulness in the kitchen window.

My new spotty mug from J

And matching biscuit tin from P

More cheerfulness in the kitchen!

I'm afraid there has been very little crochet going on. The Granny ripple is no further forward.
I have played around with some little egg cozies.

The little face is thanks to P's silly mate!!
 I'm not totally happy with them, but I might be overly fussy!
Fingers crossed the antibiotics will start working soon, and I'll feel loads better and a bit more enthusiastic!
Till next time
xxx
Oh I nearly forgot.
I think there has been some problems with posting comments. I've fiddled around with some of the settings, and think I have sorted it out. If you find any problems I'd be very grateful if you could let me know. Email or ravelry. Lastly a big thank you to the people who alerted me to the problem in the first place!
xxx



6 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon. I love the cup and biscuit tin and the little egg cozies are so cute.You have a very nice blog im going to have a little sit down and read some more :) Paula x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello and a happy new year :) I have only just doscovered your blog and love it, so have added it to my blogroll, I love your cute egg cosy :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're on the mend. The little egg cozy is cute. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pati from London10 January 2011 at 09:50

    Hi Hayley, am glad you are feeling better. This year the flu (at least in this side of London) was really bad around Christmas... They said it was swine flu... My girls and I got it and it was nasty: they had high temperatures, vomiting and severe coughing.... It took a while to get rid of but finally recovered. I hope you can go back to normal very soon. I love your cookie tin! x Pati

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello oh pink fluffy wonderfulness
    i so happy to see your post, but sorry to hear about the lung infection, i do hope you are better soon.
    i love your spotty things and the gorgeous jug of flowers and the egg cosy is so cute!!

    sennding get-well hugs xxx

    millie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your spotty mug --- I have one but the handle broke. Is there anywhere I can buy another one?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love reading them!
Hugs to you all.
xxx